Press Release: AFerry partners with the RSPCA
New Mobile Number
Trailer / Caravan
Press releases and commercial news from AFerry
01 July, 2016
AFerry partners with the RSPCA!
Aferry.co.uk has signed a partnership contract with the RSPCA to be their dedicated ferry booking engine on their RSPCA website, a service for all members travelling by ferry with their pet anywhere in the world. The Pet Travel Scheme is now well established, so for the 43% of British households that have a pet, it is a serious option to take the trusty dog or cat away with them. Over 15,000 pets travelled in 2015 from the UK with Aferry.co.uk, and 2016 bookings are increasing substantially.
This is an extremely timely agreement as we head into the popular summer holiday season when even more families will be travelling abroad with their pets as increased numbers of people realise just how easy it is.
To make things even easier Aferry has a Complete Guide to Taking Your Pet Abroad on their website: http://www.aferry.co.uk/taking-your-pet-abroad.htm, as well as NEW for 2016 - in a short video. All you need to do is find out that the country you intend to visit will accept animals and then you'll need an EU Pet Passport. The passport shows that your pet has been microchipped, had a rabies vaccine and a satisfactory blood test showing the vaccine worked.
Plus for each booking made on the dedicated RSPCA ferry site, Aferry will donate a % to this worthwhile charity.
What is the RSPCA?
The RSPCA is the oldest animal charity in the UK and was the first to introduce a law to protect animals. They work hard to ensure that all animals can live a life free from pain and suffering. They speak up for those who cannot do so for themselves. They push to improve the welfare of animals. They stand up to those who deliberately harm animals to send out a clear message - we will not tolerate animal abuse. Their highly trained officers tackle neglect and cruelty at every level and are working hard to stamp it out. They offer advice to pet owners and are more than pleased to offer a service such as this ferry booking engine to their supporters.
AFerry's top ten reasons why to choose ferry travel over other forms of transportation:There are many good reasons to choose ferry travel over other forms of transportation. so here are ours top ten:
- Freedom of your own car to go where you want, do what you like and tour the local area wherever you are staying
- No baggage restrictions - so take as many kids prams, books, toys, snacks, kitchen sinks .they can all come too!
- You have your own boot for all this family holiday clobber but you can always add a trailer or roof box
- Taking the family pet is easy by ferry so Fido can come too - and we tell you how in our pets section online: http://www.aferry.co.uk/taking-your-pet-abroad.htm
- You have your own car seats for the children and no charges to carry them as when you fly!
- Dad won't drive you mad learning how a new hire car works as he'll be comfortable in his own vehicle!
- Great food options and kids facilities on board for all ages, so the holiday starts before you get to your final destination.
- Souvenirs, buckets and spades, presents for friends, picnic rug and cool box can all fit in too!
- You can fill up with low priced wine, cheese and goodies from one of the hypermarkets near the ports on the way home.
- Best of all there are great holiday travel offers for all the family on AFerry.co.uk - see our special offers page online: http://www.aferry.co.uk/specialoffers/offersuk.htm