Press Release: AFerry's Guide to Travelling to France in 2015
New Mobile Number
Trailer / Caravan
Press releases and commercial news from AFerry
02 February, 2015
AFerry's Guide to Travelling to France in 2015
Which ferry route is for me? - Not sure which ferry route to choose? Then make your booking search easy with www.aferry.co.uk!
Check out the AFerry site giving all ferry route options, plus you can read independent reviews of the operators that travel to France, and choose the best prices 24/7.
Ferry to France route choice:
France Ferry timetables can be seen here http://www.aferry.co.uk/timetable/ferry-timetables.htm
Short Sea - Dover to Calais or Dunkirk , shortest times, many sailings each day, Lowest prices and most offers.
Western Sea - Newhaven to Dieppe or Portsmouth to Cherbourg, Caen, St Malo and Le Havre, From Plymouth or Cork to Roscoff, Poole and Rosslare to Cherbourg there are lots of choices! Longer crossings, more on board services, superb restaurants , comfortable cabins. Good offers off peak and a good longer crossing break in the journey for the open roads ahead .
Some key pointers before you travel:
- Consider your proximity to port and the drive /times of getting to the port in plenty of time, usually check in is 1-2 hours prior so you need to factor this in.
- Taking kids?, you may then want overnight cabins?, longer sea routes with a car break from driving could be the perfect option especially if driving further down France the day after. Then Western route choice could be for you.
- Taking a pet - most routes have pet bookability now for a small fee. On some routes pets can be left in the car, others have kennel facilities and believe it or not some ships even have pet friendly cabins!
- Time of year of travel is key consideration ie: if booking for school holidays or peak weekends , then book early to avoid disappointment as these peak times get booked up early especially for on board accommodation!
- Book midweek, afternoon departures and inbound morning departures to get the best deals as these are the least popular sailings.
- Consider your destination, and weigh up using longer sea ferry routes to cut excess driving in France, versus short sea , more petrol and larger toll charges on longer drives if cutting across the shorter Calais or Dunkirk routes.
Why choose aferry?
- AFerry offers a unique comparison engine that offers all ferry travel to France .
- AFerry offers the freedom to cross check across operators and routes and check the best prices for your date, time and personal needs whether travelling on a motorbike by foot or by car. . It offers route alternatives and always offers the best prices and deals around.
- At AFerry we work hard to find the best deals available. Visit our special offers page http://www.aferry.co.uk/specialoffers/offersuk.htm to ensure you find the latest deals.
- Sign up to our newsletter for the latest deals www.aferry.co.uk/subscribe
- www.aferry.co.uk/reviews Unsure what to expect? Take a look at our ferry company reviews page to see how other customers enjoyed their journey too, with real unbiased reviews. With thousands of reviews also on Trustpilot, and consistent high rating, it is fair to say that our customers love us!
And finally - Get connected - If you frequently travel by ferry then the AFerry mobile app is perfect for you! Compatible with both Android and iOS, our app has had over 300,000 downloads and s an average rating of 4 stars! Making a quick booking couldn't be easier than with our mobile app. To get our free app, search for "AFerry" in your app store.