Holyhead to Dublin Ferry
New Mobile Number
Trailer / Caravan
Compare up to 9 daily crossings from Holyhead to Dublin with AFerry. Crossing times range from 2 to 3 hours, depending on the time of year you choose to travel. Holyhead to Dublin ferries are currently operated by Irish Ferries and Stena Line.
See below for details on each route, port addresses and schedule times. Or, alternatively use our Ferry Search above for live route information and the latest prices.
Holyhead to Dublin Ferry Routes
Irish Ferries offers three options when travelling from Holyhead to Dublin:
- The Dublin Swift is the fastest ship with a crossing time of just 2 hours, however the ship tends to run in the spring and summer months only.
- The Ulysses is a cruise ferry service with a wide choice of facilities to make your journey as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, including two cinema screens, shopping, bars and fine dining. The crossing takes 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- The Epsilon offers an economy service that doesn't compromise on comfort. Facilities are more limited, but you'll still find onboard shopping and a few places to eat and drink. The crossing takes 3 hours and 15 minutes, and is not available to foot passengers.
Stena Line operates two superferries between Holyhead and Dublin, with comparable onboard facilities:
- The Stena Adventurer offers 2 daily departures with a crossing time of 3 hours and 15 minutes. Onboard facilities include free movies, fun for kids and the retail shop with includes big brands.
- The Stena Superfast X is the newer of the 2 ships and also offers 2 daily departures with a crossing time of 3 hours and 15 minutes. The facilities include the Barista Coffee House, Met Bar and Grill, retail shopping in the 'Outlet', a free cinema and a family lounge with children's play area.
Compare Holyhead Dublin Ferries
You can use AFerry to compare all Holyhead to Dublin ferries by price, time and even review score. Our search results will also include times and prices for comparable routes, such as Liverpool to Dublin, to help you get the whole picture and make an informed decision.
Holyhead to Dublin Port Addresses
Terminal 1, Holyhead, Anglesey, Gwynedd, Wales, LL65 1DQ, United Kingdom
Terminal 2, Alexandra Road, Dublin 1, Republic of Ireland
Cheap Holyhead to Dublin prices
For the next 7 days
Based on bookings travelling this week with a car.
Holyhead is the largest town on the island of Anglesey. However, Holyhead is actually on a linked smaller island - Holy Island - hence the name Holyhead. The town and port are easily reached by car by taking the A55.
Holyhead and Anglesey are dream destinations for lovers of the outdoors. Here you'll find world-class golf-courses, fishing, nature trails and stunning beaches. If you're thinking about spending some time here before or after your ferry journey, then you certainly should not hesitate
The cosmopolitan and lively Irish capital should be a must on anybody's European itenerary. Like any European capital it would be impossible to describe all there is to see and do.
The number one attraction is the Guinness Storehouse - the home of the "The Black Stuff" Dublin's world famous dry stout. Other attractions include St Patrick's cathedral - what would Ireland be without St Paddy after all? The National Gallery, Botanic Gardens, the National Acquatic Centre, Dublin Zoo, the list is almost endless.
However, when you leave Dublin, what you'll remember above all else is the atmposphere: the small pubs filled with dancing and music and perhaps above all else the friendliness of the locals.
8 hrGet Price
12 Aug 2019Simple and uneventful!
The booking process was simple and the boarding process was easy. 30 min delay on the way back but still a comfortable trip.
Review by COLIN HENNESSY
06 Aug 2019Staff very friendly and polite
Most certainly use this service again.
Review by MICHAEL FRANCIS
04 Aug 2019Good Experience
Travel made easy.Checking in - No problem.Food on board - Excellent with a good varied menu and value for money.Small lounge with reclining seats - More than adequate for the short journey.
Review by DAVID HALSTEAD
29 Jul 2019Swift Crossing
A very good on time crossing in good weather
Review by RICHARD MURMANN
22 Jul 2019Excellent once agaiin
Stena 'Plus' is a 1st class experience. Priority on and off boarding, quiet lounge, excellent food selection at reasonable prices and great drink selection. All staff friendly, personable and informative. Will definitely use this option again.
Review by Anon