New Mobile Number
Trailer / Caravan
Travelling with pets questions
- Q. What is the Pet Travel Scheme and which ferry companies allow pets?
- Q. Which ferry companies can I book pets with online with AFerry?
Travelling with pets answers
A. The Pet Travel Scheme was introduced by the Government in 2000 to allow pet dogs, cats and ferrets to travel between the UK and certain countries (mainly EU countries), without quarantine.
If bringing a pet into the UK, the pet will have to be part of the Pets Passport Scheme. Depending on the ferry operator and route, your pet may have to remain in the car for the duration of the crossing, with no passenger access. For more information on the Pet Travel Scheme and Pet Passports see our article on travelling with pets or visit the official Defra website.
A. At AFerry.we are constantly adding new features and products. One new feature is the ability to book pets directly online. With the following companies you can book pets directly online. Note that many other ferry companies do offer pet booking, but for these you will have to make your booking and then contact us via the messaging service in your account to add your pet(s). However, please note that we cannot guarantee availability until we have confirmed with the ferry operator.
- Acciona Trasmediterranea ferries
- Adria Ferries
- AlsFaergen ferries (formerly Alstrafikken)
- Balearia (one dog or cat only).
- Brittany Ferries (Routes to and from France only).
- BornholmerFaergen ferries (formerly Bornholmstrafikken)
- Comanav ferries
- Comarit Ferries
- Corsica Ferries (dog bookings only)
- DFDS Seaways (Dover/Calais & Dover/Dunkirk and Newhaven/Dieppe & Portsmouth/Le Havre routes)
- Grandi Navi Veloci Ferries
- Grimaldi Ferries
- Irish Ferries
- LangelandsFaergen ferries (formely Langelandstrafikken)
- Moby Lines ferries
- NorthLink Ferries
- P&O Ferries (excluding Irish Sea crossings)
- SamsoFaergen ferries (formerly Samsotrafikken)
- Sardinia Ferries (dog bookings only)
- Stena Line (Irish Sea crossings only, not including ferries to Cherbourg)
- TT Line
- Viking Line
- Wightlink ferries
The Travel Gateway Ltd does not guarantee that the information on this Site (including without limitation prices, descriptions or dates) is free from errors or omissions but we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to our attention.